Our Story




Sunday, August 17, 2008

Here It Is!

I had mentioned posting this for all of you to see about a week ago, and am just now getting around to it.

If you choose to watch this DVD clip, you will get a glimpse of some of our family's most intimate moments. If you've been reading this blog over the last several months, you have already shared some of our family's most intimate times, and I feel it is appropriate to invite you into our sanctuary through this 12 minutes, too. I do not take sharing this lightly. These images were captured about a half hour after Caden was delivered. It was 5:00 in the morning, after a very long day and night of labor.

Please know that posting this is an act of trust and love on our part. We thank you for being interested and for desiring to know our little boy in whatever capacity you can. What makes me most emotional when I watch this is not just seeing our precious son, but also seeing how much love he was surrounded with in his brief time on earth. As you watch his grandparents, aunt, uncle, siblings, and friends gaze at him, I hope you can sense what we have been blessed with as we have grieved our loss.

I hope you will enjoy the music on this clip, too. These are songs created by artists especially for the Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep song bank. They are amazing. The last one, in particular, does a particularly excellent job of putting into words so much of what I have felt in the last 6 months.

It seems strange, and a bit inappropriate, to ask you to enjoy this. Instead, I think I will humbly ask you to approach viewing this reverently....in whatever form that takes for you....saying a prayer, shedding a tear, being thankful for a loved one, holding your baby a little tighter (be they 2 years old or 52) or marveling at the beauty of a newborn....our prayers are with each of you as yours have been with us.




9 comments:

  1. Lindsey and Brandon,

    Thank you from my heart for inviting me to share in this 12 minutes and 50 seconds of sacred and amazing love poured out in pictures. It took my breath away. Something about all of the hands surrounding this little boy just grips my heart deep. To be held so gentle like the most fragile treasure, priceless and so loved, perfect. I pray and know that the Lord holds each and every one of you this same way now, as you get through one moment at a time. I did enjoy sharing in this with a deep gratitude in my heart of all things the Lord gives and takes away. Cadens brief time here has left a lifetime of footprints dancing in so many hearts and I know he will live on forever in your hearts. He truly is a treasure of heaven, loved so completely by all in this video. My prayers continue for you both, Kylee and Connor as the Lord gently guides you through this season. I love you all.

    Hugs and Prayers, Laurie in Ca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the privilege to share in something so sacred! This is truly an amazing way to capture Caden's time here on earth. And thanks to the "Lay me down to sleep" foundation! What a wonderful service they provide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey,
    Thanks so much for sharing this AMAZING glimpse into your world. You will treasure this forever and Caden will live on in your hearts until the day comes when you are reunited with him in God's heavenly kingdom
    Good luck this week as school begins! You are all in my prayers

    Love,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Words are inadequate for this. I'm so glad you took the time and effort to have this DVD made of such a precious, fleeting time. And thank you for sharing it with us. So much to feel, so much to ponder, and so much to look forward to! What a blessing.
    All our love and prayers,
    ELW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing such intimate and honest moments with the rest of us. The photos are beautiful. As Brad and I watched the DVD we sighed as certain photos gripped our hearts. We have, once again, been moved by Caden's story, and his precious face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing. I had tears in my eyes as I watched this. What a wonderful way to remember sweet Caden.

    Link

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lindsey and Brandon,

    I am back this morning and have watched the video again, with a heavy heart. I am so thankful to the Lord you have this to cherish. I want so much for it to be more for you and that last song surly speaks your heart doesn't it? I love you guys and am praying for you continually in this season and all the seasons ahead. May the wind bless you with a visit and reminder that Caden will always live on in your hearts. This closeness will never fade. I just pray that the hurt becomes less with time, however long that might be. Know you are prayed for and loved by me.
    And thank you so much again for sharing the beauty of this day with us. It is so sacred.
    Hugs, Laurie in Ca.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brandon and Lindsey: I have watched and prayed for a few months now without leaving a message, but after viewing your amazing video clip I thought I would leave a message. Your journey has been amazing to witness and your faith so tride and true. Neil and I used to attend Liberty UMC and met you once or twice. I was without words when I found that you had a connection with the Duffett family. You both are amazing and share in the same journey!! I have been changed by these journey's and life will never be the same!! Bless your hearts and may God continue to bless your lives through Caden!! All Glory to Him!!

    LindyAnne Johnson - livin4him@mchsi.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is such a precious beautiful boy. My heart aches for you. You are doing an amazing thing for others. I lost my little girl at 20 weeks and it was so unexpected. I have not found the strength yet to build the bears yet but hope to soon do it. I know it will help my little Zoey and we both know it is hard but my children on earth need me. I will forever remember your family and Caden. Thank you so much for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete