Our Story




Friday, August 1, 2008

It's Friday!!

Good Morning!

It's hard to believe that another week is drawing to a close. It has been a good week....probably the best we've had so far. I think maybe it's because I have such a beautiful garden to look at outside my kitchen window! :)

Things have been busy around here...in a good way. We spent an evening with Sarah, Cara, and Collin earlier in the week, and then Dana and Aleksander drove down from Springfield to spend some time with us, so we had fun cruising around town with them.

We are preparing for a weekend trip today. Brandon's cousin will be getting married tomorrow night in our hometown, Lindsborg, so we decided to make a weekend of it by driving to Great Bend to see my Grandpa, too. We will go visit him in tomorrow morning after spending tonight in Great Bend, and will then head on to Lindsborg from there. The wedding on Saturday will be the first time we've seen most of Brandon's extended family since Caden was born. This wedding will be in the same church that Brandon and I got married in, so that always brings back warm memories for us.

We have been a bit frustrated because we still have not received our pictures from the NILMDTS photographer. We are supposed to get them at some point this weekend, but after being strung along for so long, we won't believe it until we have them in our hands. We have both gotten nervous, wondering if maybe our pictures have gotten lost....so we are anxious to see them soon. We went and spent sometime with another Alexandra's House family last night and got to see their DVD, and it was amazing...making us want to see ours all the more. We will certainly keep you all posted...

We are finding healing in each and every day, which is such a relief. I still have my muffin top :) and we still shed tears, but the searing, raw sort of pain is diminishing. We know this is, in no small part, because so many continue to lift us up in prayer.

Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip and enjoy being with family. Glad to hear that each day is getting easier and hopefully Caden's pictures will arrive soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the love of good family and warm memories. I am so glad to hear that you are finding healing in each day, especially the raw and searing pain easing for you. I pray for you all the time as you seem to be on my heart daily:) I just love that Cadens garden is bringing joy to your hearts. My contribution should be there by Thursday the 7th.
    And I think that maybe the NILMDTS people are super busy, everyone is recommending them. I am sure your pictures will arrive soon. I look forward to the ones you share. He is truly a beautiful baby boy. May God bless your trip and give you safe travel back home. I love you guys.

    Laurie in Ca.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are still in our thoughts and we will pray for more healing and strengh for you! The garden looks beautiful! Hope you had an enjoyable weekend trip! Stay strong and lean on each and God!
    Love, The Bray Family

    ReplyDelete