Our Story




Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thursday Evening

Hello Again!

Today has had its ups and downs...it has been brightened by your wonderful comments on my previous post. It is especially fun to hear from some of you Jewell folks (hello, Link and Nan!) that I haven't had contact with in quite awhile. Thank you, also, to our readers, Kylee and Michelle...however you've found us, we're glad you did. And to all of you who read but do not leave comments, we appreciate you stopping by.

I have been dealing with some anger today...anticipating Sunday, wondering how things are going to play out....and resolving that it is just plain frustrating that we have absolutely NO CONTROL over what is going to happen.

In the midst of this, my husband has shared some Scripture with me. I am glad that he is spending time in the Word, because honestly, I haven't been able to pick my Bible up for a very long time. Not because I don't think that I should....but because I just can't. People have sent so many verses to me, each of which has touched me, so I am appreciative of those opportunities to examine Scripture. Brandon has been especially struck by the story of Abraham sacrificing his son, Issac...an eery parallel to what he is experiencing as Caden's father. We say that we are hopeful we find our own lamb soon. :) Brandon has also shared Christ's words to his Disciples before His arrest in John Chapter 14. I am so grateful for his perspective and spiritual leadership right now.

Reading Scripture, while comforting, also reminds me that God does ask His followers to do things that are HARD. He sacrificed His only Son....and it appears He is asking us to make a similar sacrifice. Ugh. I spoke to Jennifer, who lost her baby girl about a year and a half ago, and she described preparing to deliver her daughter and feeling very humbled. That is a great way to describe how I am feeling. Completely humbled. Because I know there is absolutely NO WAY I am going to survive this without God. I am powerless do to anything but the best I can do. Which, I suppose, is how I should view all of my life as a child of His...but this situation really brings it home, and I have to admit, humility is hard.

Anyway, it has come to me that perhaps I need to ask you all, our faithful prayer warriors, to lift us up in specific ways over the next few days. Please allow me to share:

-Please pray for my labor. I am scared to death that it will drag on and on...serving to make me even more crazy than I already am. Please pray that things move quickly and smoothly with that.

-Please pray for Brandon as he supports me at the hospital and grieves our son as only a father can.

-Please pray for Connor and Kylee. Kylee has had a couple of rough days...acting out, throwing things, screaming, tearing things apart...not typical of her, and I know it is a response to the tension around here. She came up to me last night and said "Mommy, I am going to miss our baby". I pulled her up on my lap and we had a good cry together. Connor appears to be doing well, but I know this weekend will be hard for him, too. Please pray for them as they grieve in their own special way for their little brother.

-Please pray for Caden...that if it be God's will, He might be healed....and if not, that we will get to enjoy at least a few moments with him alive. We are asking for a miracle....either that our son will live, or that somehow, we will have peace in the moment that we tell him goodbye.

-Please pray for our family as they support us through this weekend. They are experiencing a loss, too, and yet, are being available to us. We are so thankful.

And lastly, it is our prayer that somehow, this is reaching someone that needs to hear our story right now...maybe because they are experiencing loss of a similar kind...or maybe for another reason we can't even imagine.

Thank you all. Rest well tonight.

9 comments:

  1. You are not alone. I had my thrid child, a son 6 years ago and into my 17th week of pregnancy I was told he would not live long in our world. I was involved a little with Alexandra’s House (it was in the beginning stage) so I know Patty. If need be; I have lots of ideas/”been there done that” on how to help guide you on your long journey that you will take.
    Please feel free to contact me becsnjc@hotmail.com
    Rebecca Evans
    II Samuel 12:22~23
    Until then I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you all!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lindsey,
    So many of the things you said were things I said then too. God will not leave you here. There are springs of fresh water after the desert! I relied heavily on the groans that words cannot express (Romans 8:25-27) because I too had difficulty picking up my Bible. Your words bring tears to my eyes. The transparency in your words will be exactly what draws others to Him. Lifting you up more and more as the day draws near.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Lindsay,

    I have been and will continue to pray for the things that you have asked. I ask the Lord to keep your hearts and minds safe in Him and especially your children. And for Brandon to be strengthened moment by moment as he leads your family, no simple task for him at this time in his heart. May you feel His peace all over you tonight. Love you so much.

    Laurie in Ca.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsey,
    I think you could write a very precious book about this experience. You have been so open and articulate, and you see things from such intricate perspective.
    Thank you for sharing so honestly. You all continue to be in our prayers.
    ELW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindsey,
    It's amazing! I prayed for all of those things for you last night. God must have told me what you needed. I'm thinking of you all each and every day and pray that Sunday you will have the strength and courage to make it through the day. God will be there!

    Lindsey you do have a gift with words. Thank you for being able to share and express what you're going through. I know there are so many of us that want to help, but all we can do is let you know that you are in your thoughts and prayers.

    Tell Brandon that I know this as difficult for him as it is for you. My prayers are with him also. It's a lot to ask for him to be so strong for the family, but I know he'll be there. He's a great husband and father.

    Karla Macken

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lindsey and Brandon,

    Having been out of town for the past week, I spent part of this morning catching up on your blog. Lindsey, you are so open and honest and so great with your words as you share your thoughts, emotions, questions, lessons, and your heart. I am sorry that you and your family have had to experience this hurt and loss; we truly understand the ache and confusion you are experiencing at this time. We know this experience and the life of little Caden will impact your lives and character forever. No matter how long you have little Caden to hold on this earth; he is your little boy forever in your heart and family.
    With love, understanding, and prayers! Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lindsey and Brandon,

    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Know that the loving arms of Jesus will be surrounding you always.

    Kay (from church)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the pictures! You both have a beautiful family and are very blessed! Please remember that in the days to come. You are in my prayers.

    Karla

    ReplyDelete